Monday, March 24, 2008

My Spring/Summer Want List

I have decided to make my spring/summer "I want" list. The reason I am doing spring/summer combined is because I live in an area with a pretty neutral temperature all year long, so anything appropriate for spring is also appropriate for summer, and generally winter and autumn as well. They are in no particular order. I apologize for the lack of pics. Lazy me, I know.

1. Vintage Burberry trench coat. (I think every chic chick needs at least one simple trench coat!)
2. Gladiator sandals of both the flat and heeled variety.
3. Skinny jeans in a dark wash.
4. Vintage jean jacket.
5. Short plain leather jacket (black).
6. Peep toed booties.
7. The perfect cut-off jean shorts.
8. More basic tops (think white tanks and tees, and neutral colored tees and tanks).
9. Something nautically stripped (shirt or sweater)
10. Men's cardigan that I can belt. (I'm thinking a neutral color like gray or navy blue perhaps. I think I'm entering a navy blue phase.)
11. Vintage Betsy Johnson leopard print dress. (Why I keep obsessing about this one item, I have no idea!)
12. Minnetonka's -- undecided about just going for ankle or knee length.
13. The perfect 80's style bodycon dress -- vintage, of course.
14. David Yurman bracelet
15. Vintage Gucci purse.
16. Black basic designer bag reasonably priced.
17. Some badass black ankle books a la Fashion Toast or Milk.
18. More tights.
19. Black cigarette pants

I think it's kinda funny that my spring/summer items don't really include anything spring or summery. I know that florals are in big time and I'm sure I will, by chance, pick up something floral, but it's not big on my list. Neither are summer dresses. I think it's because I generally wear skirts and I went through a phase when every summer all I wore was dresses. It's not that I won't wear skirts or dresses because I will. I think my list is really about practicality and the most use versus just fun stuff. I am determined to transform myself from a more trendy girl to someone who is actually chic. This list may not get me there, but it's a pretty good start, don't you think?

1 comment:

Lisah0822 said...

i'm not too big on floral either. there are a few things on your list that i want too :-)
but i DO love summer dresses (as long as they hide my belly bulge, lol