Monday, January 28, 2008

All Dressed Up & Jury Duty to Go

Talk about a waste of a good outfit and the words "jury" and "duty" will fly out my mouth. This morning I realized I had jury duty. I was already all dressed and ready for work and, instead, got to spend the day sitting and waiting and doing nothing but wishing I was somewhere else -- even work would have done.

I think that the Corel picture program on this computer sucks. I look at today's picture and think that, just like with the first post, it really does not capture how stylicious my outfit was. I am going to have to try something else and make sure the settings on my camera work better or something. And I swear I look 10 lbs heavier...
Any who, the outfit... the skirt is a linen... you can't really tell in the pic, but the back is much longer than the front and also has a split. My mom got it for me in Italy for like 8 Euros and I get compliments on it everytime I wear it and today was no exception. Why didn't I think to take a picture of the back? And the shoes are open toed and forrest green and black faux alligator skin, but even I can't tell with the crappy picture. *sigh* They will get better, I promise!!
I saw a classmate from highschool who kept telling me, "You looking GREAT! I mean, you look so good! Wow, you look so nice!" That was a great feeling considering I spent the day halfway sleeping in a chair. I think my style mojo is working! I am excited about figuring out tomorrow's ensemble -- thank you all you street fashion bloggers for inspiring me to get back on the bandwagon! Fashion is fun!
top: Tahari -- thrifted $5
skirt: bought in Italy -- 8 Euros
tights: Walgreen's brand 2 pairs/$5
shoes: Jessica Simpson
bag: (not shown) Louis Vuitton pochette (purchased courtesy "the ex" at LV on Spring St. in NY. I still wear it often for the emotional attachment to New York -- not "the ex." LOL)

No comments: